The price includes
Lunch in a restaurant; Visiting Old Tbilisi – Trinity Cathedral, Metekhi Church, Narikala ropeway; Kartlis Deda monument (Mother of Georgia), Narikala fortress, Sulfur baths, Sioni church, synagogue and mosque; Dinner; Get back to the hotel
Breakfast at the hotel; Traveling to Kakheti – visiting Bodbe monastery and Sighnagi; Visiting Ethnographic Museum of Sighnagi and lunch; Dinner and return to the hotel
Breakfast at the hotel; Drive to Mtskheta-Mtianeti – visiting Ananuri Fortress; walk to Holy Trinity Monastery; Visiting Dariali; Lunch in the nature; Return to Tbilisi and dinner.
Breakfast at the hotel; Travelling to Kvemo Kartli – visiting Stalin museum and Uplistsikhe; Lunch in a restaurant; Arrival in Mtskheta and visiting Svetitskhoveli and Jvari Monastery; Dinner in Mtskheta; Back to Tbilisi, Presenting souvenirs; Relax.
transfer to the airport; Travel; End of the tour.
Places you will see
Old Tbilisi– City’s major sights are concentrated in the old city. This district also boasts the Abanotubani – sulfur baths are still valid; There are a lot of popular restaurants, cafes, open-bars, night clubs , galleries in Chardin street, Rkina street and Bamba street.
Narikala -Narikala fortress, which is visible from every corner of the old, dates back to the IV -XVI centuries, the purpase of it was a security for local rulers.
Bodbe – Originally built in the 9th century, it has been significantly remodeled, especially in the 17th century. The monastery now functions as a nunnery and is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia, due to its association with St. Nino, the 4th-century female evangelist of Georgians, whose relics are shrined there.
Signaghi – Mestia is the starting point for a trip to the region. It is located 456 km far from Georgian capital Tbilisi at an altitude of 1,500 meters. Here are a range of home hotels, hotels and travel services, which is making it convenient for exploring the area. As well as a new ski, resort will allow the ski or snowboard even in summer.
Signagi Wineries-Do not forget that the region is the cradle of wine. View the wine cellars, shops, taste the famous Georgian wine, Tsinandali, Saperavi.
Ananuri – Ananuri is one of the hundreds of Georgian medieval castles, almost impossible to drive by, if you set off on a surface joutney from Russia to Georgia. If you plan to reach the fortress from Tbilisi, you can take a shuttle van from Tbilisi to Gudauri, Pasanauri or Stepantsminda.
Gergeti Trinity Church – Gergeti Trinity Church dated from the XIV century is a Georgian architectural complex located in the village of Gergeti, in 6 km distance with Stepantsminda, at an altitude of 2200 meters. The complex includes the domed Holy Trinity Cathedral (XIV century 30-ies), the bell tower (XIV century II) and living quarters (XV century).
Gori – Gori is one of the oldest cities in Georgia. Officially it was declared as a city in 1801. The name of the city is according the rocky hills which the city is built ot, where is built an ancient fortress. Goris has been mentioned in notes since VII century. Some historians believe that the castle was built by Byzantine Caesar Heraclius, with help of ammunition store, when he fought against the Persians. Although some historical sources attribute the foundation of the city to David the Builder (XII century). The most important strategic and economic road junction was located in the city and it meant political supremacy over Shida Kartli.
In the XIII century, Ossetians occupied Gori with the help of Mongols and settled there for a long time. The fortress destroyed many times and was built the second time in 1774 during the reign of King Irakli II, but it was damaged in 1920 during the earthquake.
Stalin Museum includes the memorial house, where Stalin was born, exposition building with tower and Stalin’s personal coach, which he had traveled to Tehran, Yalta and Potsdam. Stalin’s personal items are also housed in the museum.
Historical fortress in the center of Gori, locates on a high rocky hill. Preserved ruins on the north slope and archaeological evidence indicates that the strongest bulwark stood there is BC. Sec. I millennium, which mentions «Gori Citadel” first in the XIII century.
State Museum of Joseph Stalin – State Museum of Joseph Stalin was founded in 1935. Now it houses more than 48 100 exhibits are kept in it, such as: steel productions, wall paintings, miniature sculptures, heraldic and the material for sights; unique Colchis silver piece (the only one in the former Soviet Union); Tamara and David Narini’s coins; Antique and East countries coins; epigraphic in Arabic and Georgian languages; the collection of Georgian manuscripts; rich photo archives and etc.
Mtskheta – Mtskheta is in UNESCO World Heritage Site list. Municipal area was settled in the early and middle Bronze Age and was the political center Iberia Kingdom. Only 20 kilometers far from Tbilisi, and at the confluence of the Aragvi and The Kura rivers, the city is located in an ancient trade route. According to the archaeologists’ unearthed evidence Mtskheta is the main trade center.
Greek and Aramaic writings are found in municipal lands, clay dish that you can see in the town museum. Ancient geographer Strabo described Mtskheta as a highly developed city with water supply system, markets and stone houses. Mtskheta was also the religious center, Pantheon, which are then replaced with churches, when St. Nino spread Christianity in Georgia. Although in the 6th century it became the capital of Georgia, Mtskheta remains the center of the Church – Catholic-Patriarch of Georgia here has the residence. Today, this beautiful and old city has a quiet atmosphere.
Bodbe monastery is located few kilometers away from Sighnagi. This beautiful monastery is one of the places where is buried St. Nino, who preached Christianity in Georgia. It is possible to pilgrimage to the grave – people say that the St. Nino can come wishes true.
Walking in the garden of the monastery gives an amazing sense of calm and relaxation. You can also see St.Nino source of healing and dive into the cold water.
Jvari Monastery – VI century Georgian Orthodox monastery- Jvari Monastery stands on a hill, in the opposite side of the old capital of Georgia – Mtskheta, where The Aragvi river connects to the Mtkvari. After acceptance of Christianity from the early years on this place the first Christian King Mirian III put a high wooden cross. In the second half of the VI century, the ruler of Kartli Guarami built a small church next to the cross. The church is on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.